(Get Answer) – Application: systems theory | Operations Management homework help
Application: Systems Theory,
NURS 6053: Interprofessional Organizational and Systems Leadership
Walden University Week 2 writing assignment 3-5 pages, APA format:
Note: I am retired military officer: Decision making within the organizational hierarchy is typically decentralized. The top-level leaders make decisions on the organization’s goals, but decisions are made at all levels of management creating the decentralized hierarchy. Also, the formal leadership style at this organization is a combination of transactional, transformational, situational and serving leader style.
Note: The military culture is a unique organization in its own ways such as its mission, vision, strategic planning, and military community lifestyle. The current organization primary mission is to Treat- Teach -Train. That being said, its mission is based on deployment platforms and a teaching hospital.
Vision Statement: Superior Health Care and Readiness through prevention, innovation and partnerships (Local communities hospital and VA)
***I have included my week 1 writing discussion for reference.
For this Assignment, you apply systems theory to the examination of a problem in a department or a unit within a health care organization. (Note: You may use the same problem you identified for the Discussion as long as it meets the criteria for this assignment.)
· Review the Meyer article, “Nursing Services Delivery Theory: An Open System Approach,” in this week’s Learning Resources. Focus especially on the information presented in Table 1 (p. 2831) and Figure 2 (p. 2833).
· Reflect on your organization or one with which you are familiar. Within a particular department or unit in this organization, identify a problem the staff is encountering.
· Using Table 1 in the Meyer article as a guide, analyze the department or unit, identifying inputs, throughput, output, cycles of events, and negative feedback. Consider whether the problem you have selected relates to input, throughput, output, cycles of events, and/or negative feedback.
· Think about how you could address the problem: Consider what a desired outcome would be, then formulate related goals and objectives, and translate those goals into policies and procedures.
· Research professional standards that are pertinent to your identified problem.
· Reflect on the organization’s mission statement and values. In addition, consider how addressing this problem would uphold the mission and values, while improving the organizational culture and climate. (Depending on the organization you have selected, you may have explored these in the Week 1 Discussion.)
Write a 3- to 5-page paper that addresses the following:
· Describe a department or unit within a health care organization using systems theory terminology. Include a description of inputs, throughput, output, cycles of events, and negative feedback.
· Describe the problem you identified within the department or unit using an open- systems approach, and state where the problem exists using the systems theory model (input, throughput, output, cycles of events, or negative feedback).
· Based on this information, explain how you would address the problem as follows:
o Formulate a desired outcome.
o Identify goals and objectives that would facilitate that outcome.
o Translate those goals and objectives into policies and procedures for the department or unit.
o Describe relevant professional standards.
· Explain how your proposed resolution to the problem would uphold the organization’s mission and values and improve the culture and climate.