(Get Answer) – Hn330 unit 5 dbp…. | Sociology homework help
I need help answering the following DBP:
HN330 Unit 5: Discussion Topic
Children and youth can be referred for case management services for a variety of reasons. Some examples include problems with school, behavioral problems, developmental delays, adjustments to events such as divorce or the death of a parent, trauma associated with abuse and/or neglect and homelessness. When a child’s parent calls to obtain services for their child, they may have been referred by their child’s doctor’s office, school, or local social service agency. After reviewing Chapter 14 of your text and the scenarios below; practice documenting an initial inquiry.
First, select two clients from the examples below.
1. Six-year-old child was referred by his teacher for severe attention and aggression difficulties. Normal interventions for behavior change have been ineffective. Child’s father is calling for services.
2. Two-year-old child was referred by pediatrician for social skill delay resulting from previous neglect by birth parents. Adoptive parents are calling for services.
3. Ten-year-old child was referred by pediatrician for displaying some regressive behaviors. He has been wetting the bed almost nightly and having nightmares. Child’s mother is calling for services.
4. Fifteen-year-old youth is several months pregnant. She has managed in school but only reads at the sixth grade level. She is planning on dropping out after she has the baby. Youth’s mother is calling for services.
Second, develop your client and your client’s problems. You can review articles in the KU library or look online to find additional issues that your client might be struggling with. You can also think about how the client’s parent might be feeling and what issues the client’s parents might be facing when they make the first call. You will be creating information about your client in order to complete sections of a new referral or inquiry form.
1. Review the articles that come up to find an article on human service work with children/youth and the topic that you choose. You may have to open a number of articles to find one that meets these requirements; do not give up. You will find one.
2. Complete the following sections, for both of your clients, from a New Referral or Inquiry form (It might be helpful to review Figure 14.1 on page 281 of your text):
Finally, discuss with your classmates how it felt to complete your first referral. Were there any sections that you struggled with?
I have attached chapters 14 & 15 for you as well