(Get Answer) – Soap note 5 ob / hypertrophy of breast
Faculty Comments: MRU Soap Note Grading Rubric
This sheet is to help you understand what is required, and what the margin remarks might be about on your comments of patients. Since most of your comments that you hand in are uniform, this represents what MUST be included in every write-up.
1) Identifying Data (5/5pts): The opening list of the note. It contains age, sex, race, marital status, etc. The patient complaint should be given in quotes. If the patient has more than one complaint, each complaint should be listed separately (1, 2, etc.) and each addressed in the subjective and under the appropriate number.
2) Subjective Data (30/30pts.): This is the historical part of the note. It contains the following:
a) Symptom analysis/HPI (Location, quality, quantity or severity, timing, setting, factors that make it better or worse, and associate manifestations.(10pts).
b) Review of systems of associated systems, reporting all pertinent positives and negatives (10pts).
c) Any PMH, family hx, social hx, allergies, medications related to the complaint/problem (10pts). If more than one chief complaint, each should be written in this manner.
3) Objective Data(25/25pt.): Vital signs need to be present. Height and Weight should be included where appropriate.
a) Appropriate systems are examined, listed in the note and consistent with those identified in 2b.(10pts).
b) Pertinent positives and negatives must be documented for each relevant system.
c) Any abnormalities must be fully described. Measure and record sizes of things (likes moles, scars). Avoid using “ok”, “clear”, “within normal limits”, positive/ negative, and normal/abnormal to describe things. (5pts).
4) Assessment (10/10pts.): All diagnoses should be clearly listed and worded appropriately with ICD 10 codes. Rationale and Explanation must be evidence based and have 1-2 in text references to back up your reasoning for making your main diagnosis selection. 3 differential diagnosis must be noted, rationale not required but encouraged.
5) Plan (15/15pts.): Be sure to include any teaching, health maintenance and counseling along with the pharmacological and non-pharmacological measures. If you have more than one diagnosis, it is helpful to have this section divided into separate numbered sections. Should not be generic information and should be tailored to your patient and their needs / specific diagnosis.
6) Subjective/ Objective, Assessment and Management and Consistent (10/10pts.): Does the note support the appropriate differential diagnosis process? Is there evidence that you know what systems and what symptoms go with which complaints? The assessment/diagnoses should be consistent with the subjective section and then the assessment and plan. The management should be consistent with the assessment/ diagnoses identified.
Clarity of the Write-up(5/5pts.): Is it literate, organized, and complete?