[Get Answer ]-Working With Youth
Using the required and recommended resources from this week and last, as well as ‘found’ resources, identify at least one specific example of groups or individuals in your community, state, or at the national level that exemplify the following themes and include a brief description of why you feel this example meets the concept. Add a link for any ‘found’ resources.
- Works “with” young people rather than conducting activities “for” them.
- Creates an atmosphere that sparks young people’s aspirations.
- Digs deep and incorporates key elements of authentic youth involvement by making sure that:
- Youth are valued and heard
- Youth shape the action agenda
- Youth build assets for and with each other
Why is it important for programs and or organizations to work “with” young people rather than “for” them?